Positive Results trainings give you an immediate opportunity to obtain the competencies you need to make a real difference in your career and business. Whether you are looking to create more accountable work teams, awaken your understanding of personality differences, cultivate better conflict resolution techniques, or improve your communication skills, there is a customized training for your organization.
Teresa Marie uses examples that apply to your current organizational challenges. Without applicability, a generalized training only has a generalized effect! Teresa gives tools in the training that encourages consistent actions so participants will achieve the desired results.
According to the Chally Group survey of over 1400 organizations (2011), the number one reason for leader’s failure (40.2%) is their inability to build effective relationships with their team. Without effective relationships employees are not motivated to give their best. The reason indicated for this is lack of “appropriate soft skill training”.
All of Teresa’s trainings and team building events utilize the latest neuroscience techniques to incorporate all learning styles. Teresa also knows we learn best when we are having fun. Teresa’s humorous real-life stories and experiential activities keep everyone engaged in the learning process.
The following is the list of the most requested trainings; however Teresa can customize any soft skill training for your organization. Teresa’s trainings encourage a team approach because it is well documented that when everyone on the team has the same knowledge, they will help each other with newly learned behaviors.
Professional Trainings Offered
Transforming Negativity at Work
Each of us brings all of who we are to our work. Our fears, negative habits and self-defeating behaviors, all play a powerful role in our patterns of interaction with one another. Instead of expecting everyone else to “get over” their stuff, this training teaches us the true nature of negative thoughts and emotions and how to liberate ourselves from their destructive power.
This training will reveal “how to” free ourselves from the habitual negative patterns that keep us stuck. In this training you will learn:
- Negative thoughts and emotions only have power over us in a reactive state of mind
- How to change to a proactive state of mind so you can choose an effective response
- Transform a response from habit to choice and watch the positive effects
- Once you change your response, notice how others change their response to you
Creating Accountability in Your Organization
The majority of people in organizations today, when confronted with poor performance or unsatisfactory results, immediately begin to formulate excuses, rationalizations and arguments for why they cannot be held accountable, or at least not fully accountable for the problems.
The essence of organizational success will always be found in the accountable actions and attitudes of its individuals. The power to rise above victimizing circumstances and obtain desired results lies within oneself. This training focuses on:
- Identifying victim behaviors in yourself and others that prevent accountability
- What accountable attitudes and behaviors really look like
- Using accountability to build an effective team culture
- Learn how to reward accountability to reinforce its affects throughout the organization
I’m Right, You’re Wrong: Resolving Conflict Effectively
Conflict can stimulate greatness or it can downright wear you out! Once you learn how to effectively respond to conflict it becomes a tool for the stimulation of ideas and processes rather than a power struggle and misunderstanding.
When trust is lost, it’s difficult to reestablish. Ineffective conflict resolution causes low levels of trust and low levels of trust cause low motivation to work on issues. This training will teach you:
- The five responses to conflict and how to identify your response
- How to identify others response to conflict and learn how to respond effectively
- Understand your own buttons of resistance and how that affects the interaction
- Utilize active listening and reflective statements according to the five conflict response styles to affect people where they are at
Putting Your Whole Organization’s Brain to Work
Forget the Golden Rule! Don’t treat others the way you want to be treated; you will miss the mark more often than you hit it! Organizations cannot succeed without the cooperation of people who receive different messages from the same words and respond differently to the same events. Understanding your own personality style helps you determine your patterns of leadership, decision making, time management style and communication preference.
When we tailor the way we give information and respond to others according to their personality style we start having some real effectiveness in working with one another.
You will learn:
- How to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses of your personality style
- How to adapt effectively to other’s personality styles
- How to team people to create a powerful synergy verses polarity
- What personality styles are most effective for certain roles within the organization
High Impact Communication
How well you communicate can make or break your professional image, influence how others view your work and affect your career mobility. Organizations consistently cite that communication issues are the main problem which affects every area of productivity. Miscommunication is expensive!
Most of us are so focused on what we need to communicate we don’t often see the effect of our communication. We know our intention but we don’t know the reception! This training focuses on:
- Active listening to build respect and clarity
- Reflecting back not as a time waster but in insure intention and message are matched
- How to effectively read body signals to determine communication effectiveness
- Realize how others perceive you and improve communication for desired responses
How to Put the Fun Back in Dysfunctional
The Five Dysfunctions of a Team has become the world’s most definitive source for building effective teams. This training outlines the root causes of dysfunction and the keys to overcoming them.
In this training you will learn how to:
- How to balance individual goal accomplishment with collective results
- Replace a critical culture with a trusting culture (this can be done!)
- Create clarity of commitment on team results
- Stimulate creativity and innovation through collaborative thinking
- Develop outstanding problem solving behaviors